Tiger Nuts Butter – Allergen Friendly – Nut Free, Seed Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free.
What Are Tiger Nuts And Why Should You Eat Them?
Tiger nuts are also familiar as chufa, earth almonds, and yellow nutsedge. It is small tubers (like sweet potato and cassava) that are typically eaten dried.
Usually, people at first, produce Tigernut butter by soaking the whole tiger nuts in water for 25-48 hours.
Secondly, they drain and make butter using a high-speed blender to mix it with oil.
If you are unable to eat tiger nut directly, then this butter is for you. Tigernuts are an excellent substitute for almond, cashew, and peanut butter.
This butter is sweet “nut” butter. It is full of healthy fat, iron, and potassium and lovely on an apple slice or in a coconut flour wrap for a treat.
You need a few minutes of blending, and the result is important and worth it.
Why are they called tiger nuts?
Their strange name comes from their striped coating. They have a sweet, nutty flavor. It can be roasted, fried, or baked.
Is a tiger nut a “nut”?
It is not a nut, and they are a tuber—a thickened underground part of the plant’s stem. Tiger nuts are sometimes called earth almond, or “chufa” (Cyperus esculentus).
What does Tigernut butter taste?
Tigernuts are, of course, sweet—earthy taste with a hint of vanilla flavor. Packed with fiber – another reason to take it easy if you are sensitive to too much fiber.
What Is Tigernut Flour?
- Tigernut flour is gluten-free, grain-free flour. The specialist considered it natural food.
- It is naturally gluten-free and Paleo.
- It offers those allergic to nuts and option for adding protein when baking and cooking.
- They are enriched with fiber, iron, potassium, protein, zinc, magnesium, vitamins C and E.
- Tigernut flour is light, sweet, and nutty flavor. It is an excellent alternative to sugar; it helps bakers to reduce on added sugar.
Can you Eat Tigernut Flour Raw?
Tigernut flour is type 2 resistant starches. This starch loses most of its benefits when cooked. We should try to include it raw, if possible.
This no-bake cookie dough it the perfect snack. You can also cover it up with chocolate. Using it, you can make ice cream sandwiches.
It can lower blood glucose levels and improves insulin sensitivity.
What is Tigernut milk?
Tigernut milk slightly sweet, creamy, nutty flavor, white comes through in the milk. It is tasty mixed with smoothies, coffee, tea, or straight.
It is easy to make and can be flavored in many ways. Tigernut milk is sometimes referred to as tiger nuts horchata or chufa milk.
It contains more sugar and fat than some other plant-based milk.
Is Tigernuts Butter Healthy?
Although it is not a “nut.” Tiger nuts are a remarkable addition to a healthy diet.
They are emerging health benefits:
- It contains large amounts of fiber.
- Supporters claim that tiger nuts butter has many health benefits and rich in nutrients. For example, protect against infections, improved digestion, heart disease, and blood sugar control.
- They are a rich source of antioxidants that protect our bodies against aging and diseases like cancer and heart disease.
- It contains antinutrients. For example, oxalates, phytates, saponins, and tannins. These antinutrients can reduce nutrient absorption in your gut.
- This butter is a source of insoluble fiber, preventing constipation and helping your digestion run smoothly.
- This butter is rich in amino acid arginine. We know amino acid may increase insulin production. Insulin is essential for blood sugar control in our bodies.
- Tiger nut butter extracts also are effective at fighting antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections.
What are the Uses of Tigernuts Butter?
You can also use it as follows-
- On a piece of bread or other baked goods.
- On some apple or banana slices.
- Drizzled over some pancakes.
- Made into a “Peanut butter and jelly sandwich”, some jam, and this tiger nuts butter.
- In a smoothie.
- Any products or places you might use a nut- or seed butter.
How do I cook tiger nuts Butter?
We can eat tiger nuts as raw. They are softer. When we boiled it in water, it is easier to chew. You can eat them as a snack, add them to sweet dishes.
They are produced commercially and can be added to milk, cooking oil. Spanish take it as a drink called “Horchata.”
Tiger Nut Butter Recipe
Obviously, my favorite nuts are almond, cashew, and peanuts butter. Later on, I discovered Tigernuts as an exceptional and excellent alternative.
Tigernuts are a root vegetable. So they are safe for use on Autoimmune Protocols or those with nuts allergies. It is sweet “nut” butter. Full is full of healthy fat, potassium, iron.
It is a beautiful ingredient on an apple slice, in a coconut flour wrap for a treat.
It takes a few minutes to blend, and the result is valuable and worth it.
- 2 Cups tiger nuts or 1 1/2 cups tiger nut flour: We like the Organic Gemini brand.
- 1 cup of coconut melted oil ( as needed).
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk.
- 1 Pinch salt.
- 1/2 Tsp pure vanilla extract.
- 2 Tbsp The Myers Way® Paleo Protein Powder Flavor of your choice (optional).
- 5 drops liquid Stevia (not obligatory).
- Saturate Tigernuts for 12-24 hours in a large bowl of water. After saturating, drain Tigernuts.
- Please put all your ingredients into a powerful blender.
- Blend all ingredients till it turns into creamy. Stream in more coconut oil as needed to wet mixture. Create a paste consistency.
- Rub-down the blender’s sides as needed (it will take a few minutes of scraping down the sides and re-blending to form the proper paste consistency).
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge and use as desired.
Where Can You Buy Tigernuts Butter And Tigernut Flour?
Usually, you can buy a lot of tiger nuts based products and goods from health food stores and online. The availability of any products varies by location.
So, you should check very well with a store locater before you walk out to a store near you. But when all your efforts become fails, the internet always comes through for us as a friend and plays a vital role.
More and more brands are exploding for tiger nuts based ingredients, but here are some of my favorites and where you can buy them.
- Organic Gemini Tigernut Flour (Available and you can purchase in many health food stores and online).
- Anthony’s Goods Tigernut Flour (Available online).
- Raw Tigernuts (You can purchase in many health food stores and online).
- Tigernut butter (You can purchase in many health food stores and online).
- Tigernut milk/horchata (you can make this at home otherwise buy in some stores).
- Raw Tiger Nuts (12 Ounces) Organic Gemini.
- Organic Tiger Nut Flour (1 Pound).
- Raw Tiger Nut Granola (2 Pack) Organic Gemini.
- Tiger Nut Horchata Drink (34 Ounces) Mercader.
Tiger nut butter UK
- Profusion | Maca, Almond, Tiger Nut Butter.
Tiger nut butter Canada
- Tiger Butter (Original) – The No-Nut Butter.
Tiger nut butter USA
- ROOTS Tigernut Butter – Aip Diet and Paleo, Vegan Compliant.
Does Tiger nuts drink make you gain weight?
In short, the answer is yes, and we should eat them. But It will not make us gain weight if we take in moderate amounts. The fats in nuts are mostly “good” fats.
Is Tiger nuts Butter good for the kidney?
Tigernuts are Magnesium-rich food. So, try to eat tiger nuts daily. It will help ensure our daily need for magnesium, which will help in-
- Keeping your kidneys healthy.
- Prevent menstrual problems and
- Maintains pH levels to keep away from any infection in the body.
Add Tigernuts Butter to Your Diet
Tiger nuts are very flexible. You can add to your daily diet in many ways.
We can eat raw or roasted. More comfortable to chew when we soaked or boiled it in water. They make for a tasty snack.
We can use as toppings for various dishes, for instance, breakfast cereal, smoothies, salads, and yogurts.
Besides, we can mix it with other nuts and dried fruit for an alternative take on trail mix. In addition, they also are ground and used in bread, baked foods.
Ground tiger nuts are a gluten-free replacement for flour or binder in veggie burgers.
It is exciting to know that the Spanish use tiger nuts to make popular plant milk known as horchata de chufa. It can also be turned into dairy-free yogurts and ice cream.
How do you store tiger nuts?
Follow the three steps to store nuts properly.
- Pour the of dry, uncooked tigers nuts into a sealable container or bucket.
- Next, fill the bucket with cold water until the tiger nuts are fully covered.
- Lastly, seal the container and place it away from direct sunlight and place it in a calm space for at least 24 hours.
Remember, tiger nuts will harden up when it gets freezing.
Have you ever tried Tigernuts butter? I would love to hear what your friends use as nut butter alternatives. Please, share your experience in the comments below and let me know if you give this recipe a go!
Always remember that these tubers are rich in fiber. So if you interested in adding them to their diet should do so step by step to avoid any possible and unpleasant bloating or gas.