Sweet Tea Nutrition Facts and Diet Info
What tea is sweet tea?
Sweet tea is commonly made by adding sugar or simple syrup with black tea. Sometimes artificial sweeteners will need in sweet tea. Sweet tea is always served ice cold. It may sometimes be flavored with lemon but also with raspberry, peach, or mint.
Sweet Tea Nutrition Facts
Calorie Burn Time
How long would it take to burn off 80 Calories of Sweet Tea?
How to Make Sweet Tea
Cook Time 15 mins.
- 8 regular black tea bags.
- 3/4 – cup granulated sugar to your sweetness preference.
- 2 medium/large lemons.
- At first, tie the threads of 8 tea bags together in a knot.
- In a small saucepan combine sugar and 2 cups of water over high heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add tea bags. Instantly turn off the heat.
- Let sit and steep for about 2 hours.
- In a gallon, the pitcher adds steeped tea.
- Wring out tea bags and add to the pitcher as well.
- Add three cups of ice.
- Fill to gallon line with water.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- For individual glasses, add a slice of fresh lemon and pour over with iced tea. Enjoy.
FAQs: Sweet Tea Nutrition Facts
01. Q: What is the difference between sweet tea and iced tea?
Ans: Iced tea is plain blended tea. It is chilled and served over ice. Sweet tea is sweetened blended tea. We have to it hot or cold.
Nevertheless, sweet tea and iced tea are using mutually to define black tea and both teas have to be drink with sweet and ice.
02. Q: Is drinking sweet tea good for you?
Ans: Diet iced teas will be low in calories and sugars. But they also have sugar substitutes, for example, sucralose or aspartame.
New research suggests that drinking alternative sweeteners may increase diabetes, heart disease, and obesity.
03. Q: Which is better for you coke or sweet tea?
Ans: Sweet tea may have slightly less sugar and fewer calories than soda. But it can be just as ruthless in the long run when it comes to your waistline, chronic disease development. The same amount of sweet tea holds 32 grams of sugar and 120 calories.
04. Q: How long is sweet tea good for?
Ans: Sweet tea lasts about two hours at room temperature, about a week in the refrigerator with a sealed container, or 2-3 days in a refrigerator after opening. The additional sugar in the sweet tea is the main cause to not last as long as unsweetened tea.