Trail Mix Nutrition Facts and Diet Info
Trail mix or scroggin is a snack mix. The good nutrition in trail mix comes primarily from nuts and dried fruit. It is a mixture of nuts, granola, dried fruit, and sometimes candy.
Trail mix is considered an ideal snack food for hikes because it is easy to store, lightweight, and very nutritious, providing a quick energy boost from the carbohydrates in the dried fruit or granola, and sustained energy from fats in nuts.
Trail Mix Nutrition Facts
How long would it take to burn off 350 KCal?
Why Trail Mix is the Perfect Health Snack?
- A great source of natural protein.
- Trail Mix is low-GI (Glycemic Index).
- A great source of fiber.
- It helps you feel filled up: Trail Mix satisfies hunger and reduces appetite – the protein, fiber, and fat all act to control appetite and food intake.
- Trail Mix is good for your heart.
- A good source of healthy fats.
- A great source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and phytosterols.
- Trail Mix may help you lose weight.
Special DIY Trail Mix
It is easy and naturally cheaper to mix up your own blend of trail mix. These two recipes boost nutrition and lower calories by including cereal or popcorn. You can mix the ingredients in a bowl.
Each recipe makes about 4 cups. Try to store in a tightly covered container.
01. Nut and Fruit Trail Mix
- ½ cup unsalted roasted pecan halves
- 2 cups air-popped unsalted popcorn
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup unsalted roasted walnut pieces
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup good-quality dark chocolate chips
Nutrition Facts Per 1⁄3 cup:
140 calories, 9 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 13 g carbohydrates, 9 g sugars, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein, 0 mg sodium.
02. Tropical Trail Mix
- ½ cup unsalted dry-roasted whole almonds
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dried pineapple
- ½ cup unsalted macadamia nut halves
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dried mango
- 2 cups low-sugar, whole-grain cereal (such as Cheerios)
Nutrition Facts Per 1⁄3 cup:
150 calories, 9 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 15 g carbohydrates, 9 g sugars, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein, 25 mg sodium.
FAQs: Trail Mix and Trail Mix Nutrition Facts
01. How much trail mix should I eat a day?
Ans: Always remember the calories.
“The average calorie count for ¼ cup of trail mix is 175 calories. It’s best to keep your snacks between 150-200 calories and stick to two per day. Depending on the amount of exercise you do in a day you may need more so listen to your body.“
02. What are healthy snacks?
Ans: Best tips for Healthy Snacking.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Frozen fruit.
- Fruits canned in water or their own juice.
- Unsalted nuts and seeds and their butter.
- Whole grain bread, crackers, and cereals.
- Lower fat yogurt.
- Lower fat cheese.
03. What are the best snacks for weight loss?
Ans: The following are some of the best snacks for weight loss.
- Hummus and vegetables.
- Celery sticks and nut butter.
- Low-fat cheese.
- Fruit and nut butter.
- Hard-boiled eggs.
- Greek yogurt with berries.
- Air-popped popcorn.
04. 28 Healthy Snacks For Your Kids.
Ans: Healthy Snacks Your Kids Will Love.
- Fruit smoothie
- Banana oat cookies
- Kale chips
- Energy balls
- Baked sweet potato fries
- Celery with peanut butter and raisins
- Raisin snack packs
- Whole-grain crackers and nut butter
- Carrot sticks and hummus
- Sliced pears with ricotta cheese
- Cottage cheese
- A piece of cheese
- A piece of fruit
- Half of a sandwich
- Frozen fruit popsicles
- Veggie pita pocket
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Trail mix
- Apples and peanut butter dip
- Peanut butter and banana quesadilla
- Turkey and avocado roll-up
- Bell peppers and guacamole