How Many Days Until September 1st, 2022
More About September 1st
September 1 is the 244th day of the year and 245th in leap years in the Gregorian calendar.
Remaining Days: 121 days remain until the end of the year.
Season (in the Northern Hemisphere): Autumn
Fun Facts about September
- September is the first month of the Autumn or Fall season.
- Constitution Week takes place during the month of September.
- September in the Northern Hemisphere is similar to March in the Southern Hemisphere.
- American college and professional football tournament originates during the September.
- Many children (Asia, Europe and the Americas) initiate the school year during this month.
- Teacher’s Day is celebrated in India on September 5.
- The Anglo-Saxons also called this month Gerst Monath which is meaning barley month. This is because they would harvest their barley crops during September.
- September is often associated with fire as it was the month of the Roman god Vulcan. Vulcan was the Roman god of fire and the forge.
September in Other Languages
|Saxon||Halegmonath (festivals month)|
|Germanic||Herbst-mond (Autumn month)|
Daily Holidays that fall on September 1st
Daily holidays on September 1st include:
- Building and Code Staff Appreciation Day
- Chicken Boy Day
- Emma M. Nutt Day
- Ginger Cat Appreciation Day
- Journalist Day (Taiwan)
- Global Talent Acquisition Day – September 1, 2022 (First Wednesday in September)
- National Cherry Popover Day
- Random Acts of Kindness Day (New Zealand)
- National No Rhyme Nor Reason Day
- Knowledge Day (Russia, Ukraine and Armenia)
- Pink Cadillac Day
- National Tofu Day (UK)
- Flag Day (Honduras)
- Save Japan’s Dolphins Day
- Veteran’s Day (Poland)
- Wattle Day (Australia)
- Toy Tips Executive Toy Test Day
- World Letter Writing Day
Birth Flower of September
The Birth Flower(s) for September are:
- Aster – symbols of powerful love.
- Morning Glory – symbols of affection.
Famous Weddings and Divorces
|2002||Actress Sarah Michelle Geller (Buffy) married actor Freddie Prinze Jr.|
|2001||Actress Geena Davis (Thelma & Louise) married Dr. Reza Jarrahy (Iranian-American plastic surgeon)|
|1996||Amy Carter, the only child of former U.S. President Jimmy Carter, marries Jim Wentzel (computer consultant)|
|1730||Benjamin Franklin (US Founding Father) establishes a common-law marriage with Deborah Read.|
Famous Birthdays and Deaths, Evens on September 1
Famous Births, Deaths, and Historical Events includes on September 1st : (1)
|1997||Jungkook||singer, songwriter, and record producer||South Korean|
|1995||Nathan MacKinnon||Ice hockey player||Canadian|
|1996||Zendaya||Actress and Singer||American|
|1988||Chanel West Coast||Rapper-songwriter and model||American|
|1988||Gabriel Ferrari||Soccer player||American|
|1984||Nick Noble||Football player||American|
|1982||Paul Dumbrell||Racing driver||Australian|
|1982||Ryan Gomes||Basketball player||American|
|1977||Arsalan Iftikhar||Lawyer and author||American|
- 2020 – Erick Morillo American disc jockey and music producer ( b. 1971)
- 2018 – Randy Weston, American jazz pianist and composer (b. 1926)
- 2014 –
- Roger McKee, American baseball player (b. 1926)
- Joseph Shivers, American chemist and academic, developed spandex (b. 1920)
- 2015 –
- Gurgen Dalibaltayan, Armenian general (b. 1926)
- Dean Jones, American actor and singer (b. 1931)
- Richard G. Hewlett, American historian and author (b. 1923)
- Ben Kuroki, American sergeant and pilot (b. 1917)
- 2013 – Gordon Steege, Australian soldier (b. 1917)
- 2013 – Margaret Mary Vojtko, American linguist and academic (b. 1930)
- 2012 – Hal David, American songwriter and composer (b. 1921)
- 2006 –
- Warren Mitofsky, American journalist (b. 1934)
- Bob O’Connor, American businessman and politician, 57th Mayor of Pittsburgh (b. 1944)
- 1991 – Uzbekistan declares independence from the Soviet Union.
- 1979 – The American space probe Pioneer 11 becomes the first spacecraft to visit Saturn when it passes the planet at a distance of 21,000 kilometres (13,000 mi).
- 1969 – A coup in Libya brings Muammar Gaddafi to power.
- 1951 – The United States, Australia and New Zealand sign a mutual defense pact, called the ANZUS Treaty.
- 1939 – World War II: Nazi Germany and Slovakia invade Poland, beginning the European phase of World War II.