How Many Days Until June 10th, 2021
More About June
June 10 is the 161st day of the year (162nd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. Two Hundred four (204) days remain until the end of the year.
The sixth month of June carries delicious fruits, beautiful bouquets, and vegetables, and an craving to get out there and enjoy the sunshine.
It is the month of June,–N. P. Willis (1807-67)
The month of leaves and roses,
When pleasant sights salute the eyes,
And pleasant scents the noses.
Quiz of June
Which of the following is a traditional gift to give on June on a 19th wedding anniversary?
(To see answer, scroll down to bottom of this page)
Daily Holidays that fall on June 10th
- Alcoholics Anonymous (Founders Day)
- Ball Point Pen Day
- Herbs & Spices Day
- National Black Cow Day
- National Iced Tea Day
- Great American Brass Band Week – (June 10-13)
- International Clothesline Week – June 5-12, (starts on the first Saturday in June)
- National Automotive Service Professional Week – June 6-12,
- National Body Piercing Week – June 6-11.
- National Fishing & Boating Week – June 5-13, (Starting the first Saturday in June and running for 9 days)
- National Commuter Challenge – June 6-12, (during the Canadian Environment Week)
- National Fragrance Week – June 6-12,
- National Garden Week – June 6-12,
- National Lemonade Days – June 5-12
- Shampoo Week – June 7-13
- Superman Week – June 10-13
- Pet Appreciation Week – June 6-12,
- Teacher Thank You Week – June 6-12,
RHYME TIME Of June
Ah, happy day, refuse to go!–Harriet Elizabeth Prescott Spofford, American writer (1835–1921)
Hang in the heavens forever so!
Forever in midafternoon,
Ah, happy day of happy June!
Fun Facts about June
- June is the first month of the summer season.
- June is known as a great month to get married.
- In 2009 June was the 662 most popular names for girls in the USA.
- June 21st is Go Skateboarding Day.
- The longest day of the year occurs on either June 21st or 22nd.
- June is international men’s month.
- Several countries (United States, Sweden, Denmark, Romania, and Argentina) celebrate their flag days during this month.
- June is a right month to call Lifecare Family Health & Dental Center at 330-454-2000 for an appointment.
- No other month in the year begins on the same day of the week as June.
- June is accordion awareness month, as well as candy, dairy and papaya month.
- June 1: Say Something Nice Day
- June 3: Chimborazo Day
- June 6: National Yo-Yo Day
- June 8: Upsy Daisy Day
- June 21: Go Skateboarding Day
- June 30: Asteroid Day
Birth Flower of the Month-June
The Birth Flower(s) for the June are:
- The Rose: The most popular flower in the world. It symbolizes love and appreciation!
- Honesuckle: Signifies a strong symbol for the everlasting bonds of love.
Famous Weddings and Divorces on June 10th
|2012||Wynonna Judd marries drummer Cactus Moser||Country music singer|
|2002||Ekaterina Gordeeva marries Ilia Kulike (1998 Olympic Champion figure skater)||Russian figure skater and Olympic Champion (1988 and 1994)|
|1995||Holly Robinson marries NFL quarterback Rodney Peete||Actress and singer|
Famous Births and Deaths on June 10
|1992||Kate Upton||American model and actress|
|1991||Alexa Scimeca Knierim||American figure skater|
|1989||DeAndre Kane||American basketball player|
|1988||Jeff Teague||American basketball player|
|1987||Amobi Okoye||Nigerian-American football player|
|1983||Leelee Sobieski||American actress and producer|
|1982||Tara Lipinski||American figure skater|
|1980||Dmitri Uchaykin||Russian ice hockey player (d. 2013)|
|1980||Daniele Seccarecci||Italian bodybuilder (d. 2013)|
|2020||Claudell Washington||American baseball player (b. 1954)|
|2018||Neal E. Boyd,||American singer, winner of the 2008 season of America’s Got Talent (b. 1975)|
|2016||Christina Grimmie||American singer-songwriter (b. 1994)|
|2015||Robert Chartoff||American film producer and philanthropist (b. 1933)|
|2014||Gary Gilmour||Australian cricketer and manager (b. 1951)|
|Robert M. Grant||American theologian and academic (b. 1917)|
|Jack Lee||American radio host and politician (b. 1920)|
|2013||Doug Bailey||American political consultant (b. 1933)|
|Enrique Orizaola||Spanish footballer and coach (b. 1922)|
|Barbara Vucanovich||American lawyer and politician (b. 1921)|
Historical Events on June 10th (1)
- 2019 – An Agusta A109E Power crashed onto the AXA Equitable Center on Seventh Avenue in Manhattan, New York City, which sparked a fire on the top of the building. The pilot of the helicopter was killed.
- 1994 – China conducts a nuclear test for DF-31 warhead at Area C (Beishan), Lop Nur, its prominence being due to the Cox Report.
- 1982 – Lebanon War: The Syrian Arab Army defeats the Israeli Defense Forces in the Battle of Sultan Yacoub.
- 1980 – The African National Congress in South Africa publishes a call to fight from their imprisoned leader Nelson Mandela.
- 1964 – United States Senate breaks a 75-day filibuster against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, leading to the bill’s passage.
- 1944 – World War II: Six hundred forty-two men, women and children massacred at Oradour-sur-Glane, France.
- 1944 – World War II: In Distomo, Boeotia, Greece, 218 men, women and children are massacred by German troops.
- 1898 – Spanish–American War: In the Battle of Guantánamo Bay, U.S. Marines begin the American invasion of Spanish-held Cuba.
- 1619 – Thirty Years’ War: Battle of Záblatí, a turning point in the Bohemian Revolt.
Answer to Quiz
Answer is D
A. 35th year, B. 20th year; C.13th year;