Egg Noodles Nutrition Facts, Ingredients, Health Benefits
Egg Noodles Nutrition Facts
Calorie Burn Time
How long would it take to burn off 220 KCal?
Egg Noodles Ingredients
Flour, egg, water and salt, and the basic steps of noodles production include dough mixing, combining of sheets, sheeting, rolling and cutting, resting, followed by different processing treatments (drying, boiling, steaming, frying and freezing) or a combination of these.
Health Benefits of Egg Noodles
Though, nutritional content of egg noodles’ is similar to regular pasta but somewhat lower in calories, carbs, and protein.
One cup (160 grams) of cooked, enriched egg noodles contains:
- Calories: 221
- Protein: 7 grams
- Fat: 3 grams
- Carbs: 40 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Iron: 13% of the DV
- Zinc: 10% of the DV
- Selenium: 70% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Thiamine: 39% of the DV
- Folate: 55% of the DV
- Niacin: 21% of the DV
- Copper: 17% of the DV
- Riboflavin: 17% of the DV
- Manganese: 22% of the DV
- Egg noodles are high in selenium, a mineral that plays a main role in our immune function.
- Enriched egg noodles also have several B vitamins like thiamine, niacin, folate, and riboflavin. All of these nutrition help in energy production, DNA repair, and brain health.
- They are a good source of manganese. It is a vital nutrient that acts as an antioxidant. Manganese helps to protect against oxidative stress and cell damage.