How to Revive Your Dry Mascara and Make It Last Longer
Mascara is a crucial part of any makeup look, but it can be a real letdown when it starts to fade or flake.
You might think that the only way to revive dry mascara is to toss it and start over, but that’s not necessarily the case. You can do a few simple things to make your dry mascara last a little longer.
This post will show you how to revive your dry mascara and make it last longer.
The Problem With Dry Mascara
You’re probably all too familiar with the problem of dry mascara. It’s the worst! The mascara flakes off, and your eyes look like a raccoon.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. You can do a few things to revive your dry mascara and make it last longer.
The first thing you can do is add a little bit of water to your dry mascara. This will help to soften it up and make it more pliable.
If that doesn’t work, you can try heating it. Just put it in the microwave for a few seconds (be careful not to burn yourself), and it should be good as new.
And finally, if all else fails, you can throw it away and start over with a new tube.
How to Prevent Dry Mascara?
So your mascara is looking a little dry these days. Not to worry, “we’re going to help you fix it.
The first thing you need to do is make sure you’re not putting too much product on your brush. Overloading your mascara can cause it to dry out faster. Try applying it in three light coats instead of one big one.
Another key to keeping your mascara from drying out is to keep it clean. Make sure you close the cap tightly after each use and don’t let it get too hot or humid.
And finally, don’t forget to give it a break now and then. Let your lashes breathe for a day or two and switch to a waterproof mascara instead.
How to Fix Dry Mascara
All you need to do is add a few drops of oil to your dry mascara and mix it well. I like to use olive oil or jojoba oil, but any oil will work.
Then, put the mascara back in the tube and shake it well. And that’s it! Your mascara is good as new.
How to Make Your Mascara Last Longer?
You can make your mascara last longer by following a few simple tips.
- First, avoid pumping the wand in and out of the tube. This will only introduce more air into the tube, making your mascara dry out faster.
- Second, try not to get the wand too close to your eyes. This will help keep your lashes from getting coated with too much product, which can lead to clumping.
- And finally, don’t forget to cap the mascara tube tightly when you’re not using it. This will prevent the product from drying out.
The Best Mascaras for Dry Eyes
So you’ve been using the same mascara for a while now, and you’ve started to notice that it’s not performing as well as it used to. Your lashes look sparse, and the formula seems to clump more than usual.
Don’t worry; we’ve all been there. And luckily for you, we’ve got a few tips on how to revive your dry mascara and make it last longer.
The best thing to do is to start by cleaning your mascara wand. This will help eliminate any excess product built up over time. Once your wand is clean, apply a small amount of mascara to the tips of your lashes and brush them in an upward motion.
If your mascara is dry, you might want to try mixing it with a few eye drops or contact lens solution. This will help add some moisture back into the formula. And lastly, if all else fails, you can always buy a new tube of mascara.
Pro Tips for Wearing Mascara
Here are some pro tips for wearing mascara to help it last longer:
- Start by curling your lashes. This will help them hold the mascara better and look more voluminous.
- Apply a coat of mascara to your top lashes, starting at the base and wiggling the brush as you go.
- Hold the wand horizontally and apply another coat to your bottom lashes.
- Let the first coat dry before applying a second one.
- If your mascara starts to fade or smudge throughout the day, use a cotton bud dipped in eye makeup remover to fix it up.
- And lastly, never forget to remove your mascara before bed.
If your mascara looks a little worse for wear and starts to cake and flake, don’t fret “there’s still hope! All you need is a few supplies and a little bit of patience.
This guide will show you how to revive your dry mascara and make it last longer. We’ll also recommend some of our favorite mascaras that work well for dry or aging eyes.
So, read on for our tips and tricks, whether your mascara needs a total revival or just a little pick-me-up.